The Oltalom Society took on the task of running the hostel from the Municipality of Budapest on the 1st of January 2000.
The hostel provides accommodation for single women without a home if they show a willingness to arrange and modify their lives.
Terms and conditions of admission:
• Hungarian and other EU citizens above the age of 18
• Immigrant with a permanent residence permit or
• Refugee accepted by the Hungarian authorities
• Capable of self-sufficiency
• Have no other possibility for accommodation
The rooms have either four or seven beds. The hostel makes social life possible, and supplies tenants with bedding, opportunity to wash, cook and clean. Six people do the professional work. Three social workers do daytime shift (from 8 to 6 in the evening) and three work at night (from 6 in the evening to 8 in the morning). On the weekends and holidays the staff work 24-hour shifts.
• Attending to the tenants’ affairs
• Assisting in their social integration
• Fulfilling the clients’ fundamental physical-, mental- and social needs
• Offering individual treatment
• Appraisal, recognition, strengthening and – if necessary – restoration of abilities for re-socialization
• Cultivating and – if necessary – restoration of family- and social connections
• Assisting in official matters
• Organizing communal life within the institution
• Job-hunting and placement, contacting employers
• Searching for further education/training possibilities
• Obtaining official documents
• Administrating social security provisions
• Searching for further social provisions as available
• Searching for alternative residential possibilities
• Keeping contact with other social institutions